Design features built into the MaxFil Pressure Filtration System make complying with Method 1311 easy and efficient:
- No splitting of sample extract is necessary because the 2200ml capacity allows the analyst to load the entire sample prior to filtration! This not only saves time but also reduces the supplies necessary to prepare a sample.
- Pressurization is achieved by the use of a quick-connect fitting instead of a cumbersome hose-barb fitting. This quick-connect requires no clamping and, unlike a barbed fitting, it cannot “blow-off” during filtration.
- All pressures are monitored by a liquid-filled gauge located on the top plate of the MaxFil. When used with a regulator, filtration can be performed accurately and precisely without constant attention.
- Sample materials may be introduced by either removing the top plate or through the 1″ diameter entry port. This unique entry port has a 4″ knurled handle that enables the analyst to open and close it without tools.
- As an option, all wetted surfaces of the MaxFil can be Teflon coated to offer extra assurance that no leaching of metals will occur.